Hi there 👋, I am David Liman.
I am a software engineer with over a decade of experience building backend services. I have worked in different industries, from advertising, medical, fintech, and fitness space.
I am a technologist and a problem solver. I always look for simple solutions to complex problems. My ideal role would involve designing, building, documenting, and maintaining systems. I am happiest when I can alternate high-level and low-level work.
I believe people do their best thinking when they come together to solve problems, when they are supported, respected, and growing. I find bottom-up leadership more appealing.
I am based in Los Angeles, California but prefer to work as part of a mostly or fully distributed teams.
- IBM: developer tools. Rational Concert. Work on semantic web, RDF, SPARQL Apache Jena. Granted my first patent
- Onescreen now Adaptive Media: Adtech. Work on data pipeline for ads clickstreams and impressions reporting.
- TigerConnect: A secure text messaging / communication platform for hospitals. I handle the erlang chat servers. Message delivery guarantees, message routing/escalations, chatbots.
- Zipcar: Connected car industry. Ingest telemetry/mobility data. Kafka streaming
- Guardtime: Investigate blockchain solutions. Solution engineer to help sell timestamping service.
- Inspire Fitness: A membership app to access on-demand & live workout videos. I built the backend and video pipeline from scratch in Clojure. Grow to 60k subscribers
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Tools: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Kafka, FFMPEG, React, React Native, CircleCI, Datadog
- Building a live streaming app in Clojure
- Building a reactive web service with Spring Webflux, Kotlin, and PostgreSQL
- TODO: dactyl manuform mechanical keyboard build log, reitit, clojure fuzzy testing
- Save Geolocation App
- interleaved/naptime: A Clojure library that automatically converts HTTP requests into PostgreSQL queries
- And many discontinued projects! Happy to talk about all the lessons learned!